(USED) The thermo-cured or "torrefied" guitars from Eastman have become the flagship of their traditional line. We are about a decade into torrefaction being widespread in the construction of fine flat tops, and the differences are hard to ignore. A guitar with a torrefied top has a more played-in sound, a quicker responsiveness and more resistance to swings in humidity. Win-win-win! Here is Eastman's mahogany dreadnought version, their "18" if you will...
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Traditional Even "C"
- Nut: Bone 1 3/4"
- Fretwire: 20 Jescar-FW43080
- Scale Length: 25.4
- Body Dimensions: 16" X 4-23/32"
- Bracings: Hand-Carved Scalloped X
- Body Top: Solid Thermo Cured Adirondack Spruce
- Body Back/Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge/Saddle: Ebony/Bone, 2-5/32" Spacing
- Rosette: Classic
- Truss Rod: Dual Acting
- Binding: Top/Back
- Binding Material: Tortoise Shell
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color: White
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Body Top Finish: Gloss Finish
- Back/Sides Finish: Gloss Finish
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Tuners: Gotoh SEP780-06M-N
- Strings: D'Addario XT Phosphor Bronze .012 -.053
- Action Height: 12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen
- Color Options: Traditional
This example is as clean as can be, no appreciable wear or issues of any kind. The customer even had the good intuition to change the strings to mediums, and it really roars!
AMW Price: $1,195 (Online checkout)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (412) 422-0710