(NEW) Our best selling open back banjos are made by the good folks at OME in Boulder, Colorado. We’ve just taken delivery of another Wizard open-back banjo – this one a 12″ in Walnut with all the great cluck, pop, clarity and warmth we have come to expect from our Wizards. this banjo would sure look great under your tree for the holidays!
OME really has a hit on their hands with these new traditional “old timey” instruments – which have quickly become best sellers to the frailing and clawhammer community. They have tortoise binding, capo spikes at 7 and 9, and aged brass parts. They are hand stained in a lovely amber/satin lacquer.
WIZARD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Walnut neck
- 25.5” scale and 1.34” nut width
- 17 Fret ebony fingerboard with S-scoop
- Two-way adjustable truss rod
- MOP Star in peghead & fingerboard scoop
- Victorian peghead with ebony overlay
- Boat shaped ebony capped heel
- Inlayed front and side position markers
- Hardened nickel-silver frets and bone string nut
- Capo spikes at 7th and 9th frets
- OME Planetary tuners
- Tung-oil varnish finish
- 12” 2-ply solid Tone Rim with walnut veneer
- Ebonite capped and simulated tortoise bound rim
- 24/11” rim brackets & Sweetone tailpiece
- Heavy notched tension hoop & Renaissance head
- Adjustable wood rim-rod & Trillium bridge
- Aged metal hardware & satin varnish finish
- Deluxe hard-shell, plush-lined case.
A Wizard is so very pleasant and sounds quite amazing. What a great value! What a great banjo!
These don’t come along very often. You should not hesitate to Banjo Up!!
Serial # 6801
AMW Price: $2,375