(NEW) One of our favorite offerings from the Deering Banjo Co., The Eagle II banjo represents the latest in tone ring innovation from the collaborative efforts of Greg Deering and Jens Kruger. It features the ground breaking patented Twenty Ten Tone Ring – a Deering original crafted unlike any other traditional tone ring. Made of brass and producing a tone with a very rich mid-range and good bass and treble response, the most unique feature of the Eagle II banjo is that it is suitable to both clawhammer and bluegrass, among other styles. Played by Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons.
The Eagle II is Deering’s newest and most affordable professional grade resonator 5-string banjo.
It really represents a tremendous value.
Take a look – here is a video featuring Jens Kruger on the Eagle In both
clawhammer and bluegrass styles to show the versatility of the instrument.
EAGLE II BANJO SPECS
- Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Eagle Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Gloss Finish
- Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- 11″ Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Eagle 2-Piece Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 5/8″ Deering Smile Maple/Ebony Top Bridge
- Maple Stained Red Mahogany
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
A strong mid range tone with good bass and vibrant highs, that is versatile for playing both Clawhammer and Bluegrass styles of playing.
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (g,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight 11 pounds, 3 ounces
Deering Eagle II includes Deering Hardshell Case
AMW Price: $2,539
Note: The same model (Eagle II A/E) is available with the Kavanjo pick up system for $300 more (AMW Price: $ 2,839)